It's Christmas!!
Ah, finally...
My digital camera arrived today! After hours and hours of reading reviews and checking prices, I finally settled on a Sony DSC-W1. I even went to the local Circuit City to take it for a test drive.
I gave my Minolta Dimage Xt to Mummy dearest, since she kept complaining how bulky and old-skool the Nikon E950 was. Yeah, that camera was a brick (size) and a dinosaur (tech). I also managed to sell two of my lenses, so I had cash to spare. I felt that it would be really inconvenient to carry my DSLR around for travelling so I really needed a compact digicam.
I placed my order on Tuesday with Dell (they were having awesome offers) and it's here today (Thu)! Now that's what I call fast! The only thing I'm still waiting on is the 256MB memory stick. I also ordered a nice snug carrying case for it called the Crumpler Sports Guy 0.4.
Did some testing a couple of minutes ago and wow, what can I say. This is a babe of a camera. Firstly, the LCD is HUGE! 2.5 inches of pixels! Then, there's the super-fast startup time and almost non-existent shutter lag! The camera also incorporates some professional features including histograms and a manual override.
Some other cameras that came close:
Canon S410
Casio S100
Canon G5
An excellent review on this babe can be read here.
Ah, finally I wont have to lug around my huge monster while travelling. I'm still debating on whether I should use film or digital when I'm vacationing. In this respect, I'm a bit of a traditionalist....FILM ROCKS! I love my prints in tanglible form. But for the sake of cost-effectiveness and simplicity, digital has the upper hand. More film vs. digital debates later.... lemmie enjoy my new toy!!
My digital camera arrived today! After hours and hours of reading reviews and checking prices, I finally settled on a Sony DSC-W1. I even went to the local Circuit City to take it for a test drive.
I gave my Minolta Dimage Xt to Mummy dearest, since she kept complaining how bulky and old-skool the Nikon E950 was. Yeah, that camera was a brick (size) and a dinosaur (tech). I also managed to sell two of my lenses, so I had cash to spare. I felt that it would be really inconvenient to carry my DSLR around for travelling so I really needed a compact digicam.
I placed my order on Tuesday with Dell (they were having awesome offers) and it's here today (Thu)! Now that's what I call fast! The only thing I'm still waiting on is the 256MB memory stick. I also ordered a nice snug carrying case for it called the Crumpler Sports Guy 0.4.
Did some testing a couple of minutes ago and wow, what can I say. This is a babe of a camera. Firstly, the LCD is HUGE! 2.5 inches of pixels! Then, there's the super-fast startup time and almost non-existent shutter lag! The camera also incorporates some professional features including histograms and a manual override.
Some other cameras that came close:
Canon S410
Casio S100
Canon G5
An excellent review on this babe can be read here.
Ah, finally I wont have to lug around my huge monster while travelling. I'm still debating on whether I should use film or digital when I'm vacationing. In this respect, I'm a bit of a traditionalist....FILM ROCKS! I love my prints in tanglible form. But for the sake of cost-effectiveness and simplicity, digital has the upper hand. More film vs. digital debates later.... lemmie enjoy my new toy!!
1 Comments:
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Sony handycam dcr hc19e Scrabble 2bpc 2bgame
Post a Comment
<< Home