Friday, October 22, 2004

Of Possible Russian Brides and Tai Chi....

Currently listening to: Sister Hazel - Chasing Daylight
Current Price for Gas (premium) : $2.29
Quote of the moment:

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with those Russian Women on ICQ?
I've been an MSN convert since I got back from my summer break. It's just a whole lot easier than ICQ and a whole lot more people are using it. Once in a while, I do log on to ICQ just to check if I've gotten any offline messages (ICQ's one advantage over MSN) and what do I find? Requests upon requests from Russian women to add me to their list. It was rather flattering at first, I have to admit, but after getting that many, you kinda feel that something's up. No worries...I just ignore them and get on with my life.

Organizational Tai Chi...
I've been a victim of this self-centered form of "self-defence" many times before. Organizational Tai Chi (OTC (not Otak Tak Center)) is when a person "PUSHES" his duties down to his subordinates just to free up time for himself. The euphemism for this would be "delegation of responsibilities", but really it's a step over that. A person with good management skills would know how to delegate duties so well that his subordinates wouldnt mind. But when it's done just to make way the superior's golf game, that's wrong! Delegation done in the proper way commands respect but when not, only breeds scorn.
The art form from the other end of the spectrum is Organizational Yoga. As the name implies, OY is...yeah, you get the idea.... it's the stuff perfect subordinates are made of.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» » »

August 22, 2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

March 03, 2007 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004