Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Chickety China the Chinese Chicken...

My EECS330 exam is finally out of the way. Now I can start worrying about my homework. I was quite surprised as the exam was really straightforward. I think I finished it in about 45 mins. I actually managed to go grocery shopping after the exam and came back before the allotted 2 hours. Neato!

I really don’t like having exams in the evenings. It’s great when you don’t have enough time and want to use the afternoon to do some last minute cramming. But if you’ve had the time to prepare and you’re done long before the exam, what do you do with the time in between? There are always questions of did I do enough? Should I watch some TV or will it make me forget my facts? I want to read my Time magazine, but will that cause a headache later on? That’s why I prefer having an exam in the morning, where you get up and head straight for the examination hall.

My parents are in China right now. I believe they scaled the Great Wall of China a few days ago. I’m so envious of them. I really want to go to China because of the many photographic opportunities there. I’ve seen a lot of great pictures be it of the scenery or the people. They’re all very inspiring.

I have realized that my interest in the field of macrophotography (taking pics of bugs and tiny creatures) has shifted towards more of people and culture. I’m getting my inspiration from Time, Newsweek and National Geographic. I absolutely love those really strong black and white portraits of people with those piercing and haunting eyes. I’ve done some sporting events and a rock concert. I should do more travel photography like they do in National Geographic. It has always been my dream of working with them, even being an intern would be cool.
Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004