Sunday, November 07, 2004

Dying, Dying to Find a Distraction...

Strange how a slight whiff of something in the air can transport you back to your past. Indeed the sense of smells has been proven time and time again to be a whole lot stronger than the sense of sight or sound in terms of bringing up memories. So why did I bring this up? Well, I had a tough time in church today just because I caught a scent only too familiar to me.

Sometime around this time of the year, I lost a person very, very dear to my heart. That person was the closest friend I’ve ever had in my 21 years of living. The three years of knowing this dear friend could have been the best years of my life so far. We’ve learned and experienced so much together. If only things were different. If only circumstances changed. If only life were the way we wanted to be. Now all that’s left are bittersweet memories.

Even though one year has passed since that dark day, I can’t help but wonder if I have really moved on. Have I gotten over the past? What constitutes getting over someone? Is it once you’ve stopped moping around, looking all glum? Is it once you’ve kept the ashes and sack cloth in the cupboard? Or is it when you’ve buried the past and it never comes to mind ever again?

Well, if it’s not remembering the glorious years of my late teenage years, then I guess I haven’t gotten over it. The memories haunt me every single day. But I’m fine really. It’s only comes during the times when the crowd has left, and the surroundings are quiet. Or when certain icons appear around me that trigger certain emotions.

Is death forever? Or is it just a state of hibernation only to be replaced by a glorious resurrection later on? Only time will tell…..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

February 05, 2007 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004