Monday, November 22, 2004

It's Expensive being a Klutz...

I re-learned something today. I cant say I learned something new. But I got reminded that being careless can be really costly. I’ve wrecked my second wok in a span of less than three months. The first wok was a steel one. Not exactly stainless steel, so it rusted. I didn’t coat it with oil so the whole inner part turned reddish brown. So it got relegated to the cabinet under my sink. Then I got this really fantastic non-stick Peking wok.

This afternoon, while I was making soup and frying stuff at the same time, I lifted the lid off my pot and as I did, the lid slipped out of my hand and slammed into the Peking wok. Fortunately there wasn’t anything inside the wok, but there was a really deep scratch on the non-stick surface. If it were at the side I wouldn’t mind so much, but this one was in the sweet spot, right in the middle. Urgh…. So I went to get a new one. That’s a $19.99 lesson. Wasn’t really my fault, but more of an accident.

I did some grocery shopping today since I ran out of stuff to cook. While I was out I also managed to get a microwave oven. Haha… that reduces my washload because now I can reheat my food straight from the fridge! I got a pretty good deal on it. Had a $10 discount.

Oh, and about the Thanksgiving dinner last night, just to clarify things with you people who scrutinize every single word I type, Kai Kiat and I were invited to the dinner by Poh Yi, since it was her cell group that was co-organizing it. I was supposed to go with Kai Kiat, but in the end, some other Malaysians were invited too so we went as a pretty big group, kabish? The dinner was really good. As good as the one they had exactly one year ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

April 23, 2007 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004