Thursday, November 04, 2004

Mat Rock Galore...

It's day two, after the shock defeat of Senator Kerry in the Presidential Elections. Oh, well...it was a shock to me. Apparently, most of the East Coast is in mourning. Haha...a lot of democrats are suffering from depression and other psychologically related issues. When they said "let the healing begin" they really meant more than just America's current polarized state.

I was watching CNN this evening and there was someone who wrote in saying that she's so upset that she hasnt left her dorm room for a while now, and needs professional help. The good people of CNN actually brought over a psychologist and you know what his advice was?

"Get a BLUE candle and light it up at a small corner in you room, sit around it and meditate on the words "It's only politics"." LOLZ!

Anyway, let me talk about the GempitaFest. The wonderful Mat Rock's of Michigan have decided to host something like a mini Malaysian Woodstock here in Ann Arbor. Yup, a special event featuring the various talents of the Malaysian students currently studying here in the States.

I for one, wouldnt normally take interest in such events. Especially when the only mainstream malay song I know is Isabella by Amy Search *shudder*. Hahhaa.

Ok, so one of my friends approaches me and tells me that his band needs a drummer. Oh, great. I sort of agreed to help him out on one condition...... play any XPDC tunes and I WALK!

I didnt really bother about the date. I was under the impression that it was sometime late November, maybe after Thanksgiving. Well, it was only about a week ago when I discovered that it's smack right in the middle of my Thanksgiving Break! Noooo!! I was planning to go down to Indiana to visit my American Family, the Konstanskis for their spectacular Thanksgiving dinner. Looks like I have to shelf it. :(

Ok, so a little free publicity here (like anyone reads this site), the GempitaFest will be on the 27th of November, at the Michigan Union. The official webpage for the event is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004