Sunday oh Sunday...
Argh… my EECS group project is really going nowhere. We have this major component that’s supposed to be provided for us that isn’t working. Now we either have to change our project’s focus or build a whole new component from scratch. I spent most of our two hour meeting just looking at the other two guys scrambling to get the non-working component to show signs of life. I was really tired for no apparent reason.
Yesterday we had another band practice for the Gempitafest which is exactly one day less of a week from now. We had a little bit of improvement, considering the fact that we finally got to practice as a full band. We really just mess up at the endings. No one knows how to end the songs. It’s hard to do a “fade away” like they can do in studio recordings.
Anyway, the practice took most of my Saturday. Spent quite a bit of time waiting for the fried chicken to come in. Some nice makcik came along to watch us practice and decided to drive all the way to Canton to get halal fried chicken. Apparently there’s a Chester’s Fried Chicken that’s run by an Arab guy. So his chicken meat is halal. As usual, the trip back was hell for me. Had two guys puffing away in the backseat while I was sticking my head out the window trying desperately not to die of second hand smoke. My face was numb after that, thanks to the cold air outside. But if the choice was between that and lung cancer, I’d choose the former.
Tonight there’s going to be a Thanksgiving dinner organized by two cell groups from church. I was invited and will be going with one of the guy freshmen. So looking forward to a turkey dinner since one of them so conveniently forgot to tell me when Bursley was having their Thanksgiving dinner special. Anyway she made up for it with tonight’s invitation. Yum yum!
For the past few days, I’ve been keeping myself occupied with this neat little game called RoadBlock. I’ve finished the whole game in about three days, playing for about 30 mins per day. Quite simple. The cheats are listed below, but try to get through them without using any help. It’s really quite addictive. Check it out HERE.
Deera (lead singer) and me (drummer boy).
Yesterday we had another band practice for the Gempitafest which is exactly one day less of a week from now. We had a little bit of improvement, considering the fact that we finally got to practice as a full band. We really just mess up at the endings. No one knows how to end the songs. It’s hard to do a “fade away” like they can do in studio recordings.
Anyway, the practice took most of my Saturday. Spent quite a bit of time waiting for the fried chicken to come in. Some nice makcik came along to watch us practice and decided to drive all the way to Canton to get halal fried chicken. Apparently there’s a Chester’s Fried Chicken that’s run by an Arab guy. So his chicken meat is halal. As usual, the trip back was hell for me. Had two guys puffing away in the backseat while I was sticking my head out the window trying desperately not to die of second hand smoke. My face was numb after that, thanks to the cold air outside. But if the choice was between that and lung cancer, I’d choose the former.
Tonight there’s going to be a Thanksgiving dinner organized by two cell groups from church. I was invited and will be going with one of the guy freshmen. So looking forward to a turkey dinner since one of them so conveniently forgot to tell me when Bursley was having their Thanksgiving dinner special. Anyway she made up for it with tonight’s invitation. Yum yum!
For the past few days, I’ve been keeping myself occupied with this neat little game called RoadBlock. I’ve finished the whole game in about three days, playing for about 30 mins per day. Quite simple. The cheats are listed below, but try to get through them without using any help. It’s really quite addictive. Check it out HERE.
Deera (lead singer) and me (drummer boy).
1 Comments:
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home