Friday, December 03, 2004

SnapFish Review

Ah, my Snapfish prints finally arrived so now I can give my 2 cents about this really cool online photo company. There’s this website that you can go to for prints from your digital camera. I think the regular price is about 19 cents per print, which is decent, until you add shipping.

There’s this promotion going on right now where if you stumble into their website at www.snapfish.com you may have the chance of getting 50 free prints. Apparently when you access the site at different times you’ll get a different number of free prints. So get to the site and keep reopening your browser until you see “Get 50 Free Prints” at the website. I decided to be reasonable and went for the 30 free prints.

So I signed up and uploaded a couple of pictures from my Ohio trip. There’s this active X applet that you have to download to aid the upload process. Should be pretty safe. No spyware and all that. So I ordered about 8 prints just to test them out. They were free alright, but I had to pay about $1.50 in shipping. That’s about 19 cents a print! UGH. But it could have been more expensive. Actually, I should have ordered more prints.

So the pictures arrived today. They turned out pretty well. But somehow you can just tell when a picture has been taken with a digital camera or not. There was some evidence of pixelation and color fringing that weren’t seen when the pics were in the computer. IMHO, they were decent. I liked the glossy 4X5 prints. Now I’ve got 22 more prints to go. Just hope that their shipping cost wont kill the deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004