Such-a-day Sat-a-day.
Ran out of stuff to cook today so I went to do some grocery shopping. I still had some mutton from last week in my freezer. Thought it would be a good idea to make something out of it, but I was out of kurma spices. As I was perusing down the aisles of Jerusalem Market, I stumbled upon some all-in-one mutton biryani packet so I decided to give it a try.
I got home and got to work. The instructions required me to get some yoghurt, which I’m not exactly a big fan of, but I decided to go ahead without it. I ended up with too much sauce and too little rice. The whole mush was too spicy and salty that I really couldn’t take more than a few bites of it. So decided to cook more rice and eat the mush as a side dish, which worked pretty well. It actually tastes pretty good, but my stomach isnt taking it too well. Must have been a long time since I had such spicy stuff.
*Pardon me (heads to the Men's room).....
Today was also laundry day for me. The day that I feared the worst had arrived: a day which I had to do laundry while it was snowing. The thing is, the laundry area is in another building and I have to scurry for about 25 meters through the cold just to get there. And the thing is I have to go there once to load my clothes, hurry back home and wait for 40 mins, get back to load the washed clothes into the dryer, head back and wait for another hour and brave the snow once more to collect the dried clothes. I’ve calculated it to be a total of six 30 second exposures to the elements. Not fun.
I’m glad that I got my guitar back from Adli today. He borrowed it for a week. I really missed it especially when there were times when my fingers were itching to fiddle with something. Hahaha.
I learned a new song today. Just checked out the guitar tabs for Nora Jones’ Don’t Know Why. You’d think that it’s a song written mainly for the piano, but if you listen carefully, the guitar plays a really prominent role too. It’s actually equally if not more important that the piano. Sounds really good on the guitar too. Nice descending chords, minor keys etc. Great jazzy, lounge-style music. :)
I got home and got to work. The instructions required me to get some yoghurt, which I’m not exactly a big fan of, but I decided to go ahead without it. I ended up with too much sauce and too little rice. The whole mush was too spicy and salty that I really couldn’t take more than a few bites of it. So decided to cook more rice and eat the mush as a side dish, which worked pretty well. It actually tastes pretty good, but my stomach isnt taking it too well. Must have been a long time since I had such spicy stuff.
*Pardon me (heads to the Men's room).....
Today was also laundry day for me. The day that I feared the worst had arrived: a day which I had to do laundry while it was snowing. The thing is, the laundry area is in another building and I have to scurry for about 25 meters through the cold just to get there. And the thing is I have to go there once to load my clothes, hurry back home and wait for 40 mins, get back to load the washed clothes into the dryer, head back and wait for another hour and brave the snow once more to collect the dried clothes. I’ve calculated it to be a total of six 30 second exposures to the elements. Not fun.
I’m glad that I got my guitar back from Adli today. He borrowed it for a week. I really missed it especially when there were times when my fingers were itching to fiddle with something. Hahaha.
I learned a new song today. Just checked out the guitar tabs for Nora Jones’ Don’t Know Why. You’d think that it’s a song written mainly for the piano, but if you listen carefully, the guitar plays a really prominent role too. It’s actually equally if not more important that the piano. Sounds really good on the guitar too. Nice descending chords, minor keys etc. Great jazzy, lounge-style music. :)
1 Comments:
Best regards from NY! » »
Post a Comment
<< Home