HMCC Winter Retreat Post Mortem
If I could sum up what happened over this weekend in one word, it would be “WOW”. Wait, that’s not really a word…but you get my drift. One sound/word..."WOW".
As I mentioned before, I was semi-reluctant to go for the HMCC Winter Retreat because of the amount of homework and assignments that I have floating around. However, I’m glad that I went, because the youth camp was exactly what I needed at this time. It had been almost 4-5 years since I went for a church/youth camp.
I came in with rather self-centered expectations, which is good in a way. I was hoping for myself to get a fresh touch from God, to be revived, and to grow from this experienced. I was very focused on what I would get out of the camp, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that I was actually being more of a blessing than being blessed.
At the camp I was provided with the opportunity to minister to others instead. There were a couple of sessions of intercession and praying for one another which I found to be very powerful. But as I was praying, I felt my faith growing even more and more, so much that proclaiming Jesus’ name seemed to have increased in authority. As a result, I found myself being ministered to as well. The whole thing is pretty simple. I was being blessed while blessing others at the same time. I’ve heard about it being preached before, but I haven’t really gotten the opportunity to experience it first hand.
I also received another revelation during the camp. I felt as though God was opening more opportunities for me in terms of ministry. I’ve always had this fix idea that God gave me a gift along the line of music, and therefore I was to serve mainly as a musician. This mindset did cause me to limit myself in my involvement in church as the church did have a fixed band and I really couldn’t see myself being part of it. On the flipside of things, this camp revealed to me that as God closes some doors, new doors will open. In other words, more opportunities will be presented for ministry.
Other significant things happened at the camp too, like a member of the small group I was in accepted the Lord after more than a year of attending small group and church. Something I found rather confusing. But anyway, it was definitely a reason to celebrate. Also, I made tons of new friends. Half of which I have already forgotten their names. Man, I’m so horrible with names. But yeah, now I feel more a part of the church than I ever had before. Thanks to the winter retreat.
Now I’m back in Ann Arbor. All the loud chatter and vibrant music have died down. Reality has sat back in. The amount of work that I left with is still the same today, but of course what’s different with me is something the world can’t take away. SO BRING IT!
As I mentioned before, I was semi-reluctant to go for the HMCC Winter Retreat because of the amount of homework and assignments that I have floating around. However, I’m glad that I went, because the youth camp was exactly what I needed at this time. It had been almost 4-5 years since I went for a church/youth camp.
I came in with rather self-centered expectations, which is good in a way. I was hoping for myself to get a fresh touch from God, to be revived, and to grow from this experienced. I was very focused on what I would get out of the camp, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that I was actually being more of a blessing than being blessed.
At the camp I was provided with the opportunity to minister to others instead. There were a couple of sessions of intercession and praying for one another which I found to be very powerful. But as I was praying, I felt my faith growing even more and more, so much that proclaiming Jesus’ name seemed to have increased in authority. As a result, I found myself being ministered to as well. The whole thing is pretty simple. I was being blessed while blessing others at the same time. I’ve heard about it being preached before, but I haven’t really gotten the opportunity to experience it first hand.
I also received another revelation during the camp. I felt as though God was opening more opportunities for me in terms of ministry. I’ve always had this fix idea that God gave me a gift along the line of music, and therefore I was to serve mainly as a musician. This mindset did cause me to limit myself in my involvement in church as the church did have a fixed band and I really couldn’t see myself being part of it. On the flipside of things, this camp revealed to me that as God closes some doors, new doors will open. In other words, more opportunities will be presented for ministry.
Other significant things happened at the camp too, like a member of the small group I was in accepted the Lord after more than a year of attending small group and church. Something I found rather confusing. But anyway, it was definitely a reason to celebrate. Also, I made tons of new friends. Half of which I have already forgotten their names. Man, I’m so horrible with names. But yeah, now I feel more a part of the church than I ever had before. Thanks to the winter retreat.
Now I’m back in Ann Arbor. All the loud chatter and vibrant music have died down. Reality has sat back in. The amount of work that I left with is still the same today, but of course what’s different with me is something the world can’t take away. SO BRING IT!
1 Comments:
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP klonopin addiction Latina barcelona chica home mortgage refinancing hershey75 Java script code for mortgage calculator
Post a Comment
<< Home