Friday, January 14, 2005

It's Stanimation! It's Animup!

Note to self: Never wear the same clothes you wore while cooking lunch to class. I felt really bad that I was smelling like my lunch in class this afternoon. I told Teh who was sitting next to me that I smelled like food. She started looking around and turned to me and said, “Yeah, I think someone brought in food to class.”

Then I said, "No...I smell like food." She immediately started fanning me with her big newspaper like I gave out gas or something. It was pretty embarassing.

Anyway, the really bad thing is I made pork chops for lunch and sitting right next to me was a malay friend of mine, whiffing in all the fumes. Should I tell her to splash her nostrils with holy water? Man, I feel really bad. Maybe it would be better if she didn’t know. Yeah, what she don’t know wont hurt her. Another embarrassing incident was when Roger turned to me one day and said that I smelled like bacon. :P

I’ve decided to drop my MATH 312 class. Man, the class is just full of theories and proofs, it’s driving me nutz. I guess my mind is not cut out that way to think of ways to prove something. I just love learning formulas and applying them. I mean, who doesn’t? Yeah, I really felt the urge when two of my group homework members decided to call it quits. And with a lecturer that’s not very helpful, it’s just a recipe for disaster. So that’s it. I’ll have to make up for it with two math courses next semester.

I’m off to a church retreat in a couple of hours. Still thinking a lot about my incomplete homework assignments and that half-chewed effort of a proposal that I so hurriedly attempted. It’s strange that there’s a part of me that says I don’t need this, yet somehow I know that it’s a good thing to take some time away from the teeth-gnashing world of academia.

I do believe I’ll return with a different person. Hopefully with a more positive outlook on life, reinforced faith and a better understanding of myself and by beliefs. Happy weekend ya’ll.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

April 26, 2007 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004