The Schoolboy Look is So In, Man!!
I finally did it. I broke my streak. I failed to defend my longstanding record….
Today was the day I made myself go to a barber and get a proper haircut here in the United States of America. For the first time in four years, I’ve actually paid for a haircut here. I’m such a sellout, but really I had no choice. A year of interviews following internships requires an appearance unlike that of a sasquatch or a skinhead.
The experience was pretty cool actually. I went to this barber shop called King’s Men on Plymouth Rd. Sounds like a Christian establishment, but then again it could be a place run by a nursery rhyme fanatic (Humpty Dumpty). Anyway I walked inside and asked how much it would cost me to get a haircut.
Before I knew it, I was draped in some nylon cloth and had an electric razor nipping about my head. The barber, Steve, kept telling me how much hair I had and how much he had to work on it. But he was really nice and kept the atmosphere bright and cheery with his barber banter. He also told me how one would go about to becoming a professional barber. 40 hours per week for a year. No joke.
Twenty minutes and $19 lighter later, I walked out of there feeling the unforgiving winter chill batting against my unprotected crown. To make matters worse, you know how barbers spray water on your hair to make cutting it easier? Well, my experience was no different. The moment I got into the car, I patted down my hair which became rock hard. I didn’t remember him using any gel but I found out seconds later that it was actually ice. Yes, kids, never go for a haircut in -12 degree C weather unless you want to make ice kacang on your head.
Today, history was made…
Today was the day I made myself go to a barber and get a proper haircut here in the United States of America. For the first time in four years, I’ve actually paid for a haircut here. I’m such a sellout, but really I had no choice. A year of interviews following internships requires an appearance unlike that of a sasquatch or a skinhead.
The experience was pretty cool actually. I went to this barber shop called King’s Men on Plymouth Rd. Sounds like a Christian establishment, but then again it could be a place run by a nursery rhyme fanatic (Humpty Dumpty). Anyway I walked inside and asked how much it would cost me to get a haircut.
Before I knew it, I was draped in some nylon cloth and had an electric razor nipping about my head. The barber, Steve, kept telling me how much hair I had and how much he had to work on it. But he was really nice and kept the atmosphere bright and cheery with his barber banter. He also told me how one would go about to becoming a professional barber. 40 hours per week for a year. No joke.
Twenty minutes and $19 lighter later, I walked out of there feeling the unforgiving winter chill batting against my unprotected crown. To make matters worse, you know how barbers spray water on your hair to make cutting it easier? Well, my experience was no different. The moment I got into the car, I patted down my hair which became rock hard. I didn’t remember him using any gel but I found out seconds later that it was actually ice. Yes, kids, never go for a haircut in -12 degree C weather unless you want to make ice kacang on your head.
Today, history was made…
3 Comments:
Very nice site!
1997 acura integra pictures acura legend body kit Acura pictures Prozac weekly fluoxetine hcl http://www.public-auction-ford-fairmont.info/acuraforumrl.html 2006 new york auto show acura Hyperhydrosis2c+rosacea Expired domain name checker Medicare part b pharmacy billing albuterol solution Installing a turbo in a 1990 acura integra California deformed facial structure surgery fisher price toys Isuzu trooper repair parts Call center quality controller near kidderminster
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Land rover discovery used parts
Post a Comment
<< Home