Monday, February 21, 2005

President's Day

Hmmm….Yahoo’s acting up. Cant seem to log in to check my email.

For those of you who aren’t aware of it, today’s President’s Day. Yes, that’s the reason why a lot of the government agencies aren’t operating at 100% today. I’m pretty bummed because I have a package waiting for me at the post office and I can’t collect it until tomorrow. Patience is a virtue I'm learning to cultivate.

I did a little research and found some information about President’s Day. President’s Day is celebrated on the third Monday of every February. It was created to celebrate the deeds of two American Presidents, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

Well, we don’t get any days off from class because of this holiday so it really isn’t a big deal to me. It’s probably the reason why I haven’t heard of such a holiday until this year. Imagine that, being here for 4 years already.

Spring break is around the corner. It begins this weekend actually. We get a week off, which is nice. But word has it that my evil man-eating EECS401 lecturer is assigning homework. Warrrgh!
Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004