Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Tis the Season to be Leavin

It’s really sad when a bunch of people you know have to leave. When their expiration date rolls over and their glorious years of university life have come to an abrupt halt. I’m looking ahead of time and I do see a bunch of really cool seniors leaving after this semester. It’s just too bad that we didn’t get to hang out more.

Kong Hong left about 2-3 weeks ago. I will miss that Apek Chinaman dearly. Although his kiamsiap-ness is unmatched, he still made great company (of course when money isn’t involved). Everybody needs a chinaman around to remind them of what they would have turned out to be like if they were placed in a hardcore Chinese school. Just someone to poke fun and laugh at be it for bad grammar or simply an apek’s dress sense. Here’s to you, my dear Cinabeng. May you prosper back home in Malaysia. It was a pleasure.

Another two buddies of mine will be leaving Ann Arbor in the next two weeks. Jun will be leaving for an internship at Intel sometime during Spring break. Jon on the other hand will be leaving for home at about the same time. Though I haven’t had the opportunity to hang out with those two much, the times when we did were memorable. You rock, Dayak!

It makes me wonder how I would be feeling about a year from now. It would be during my final semester and in two months I would probably never set foot in Ann Arbor ever again. Yes, part of me says “what a relief”, but then again this place is filled with some pretty darn good memories. I’d probably be so worried about working or not working for the “Jolly Green Giant” that I wouldn’t be thinking too much about my missing AA. Oh well, only time will tell.

Ps.
Ong Bak his the US this weekend! Haha….I saw this awesome Thai action flick a year ago. This Jaa guy doesn’t speak a word of English, but he’s here in the US promoting his film. Yep, he’s set to be the next big thing after Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Watch this space!
Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004