Friday, March 11, 2005

License to Chill

Yay! My new driver's license arrived today! I had to reapply for one because my first one was in the vertical format because I was under 21 when I applied for it.

The sad thing about my situation is that I applied for my license a day before my 21st birthday. So really my impatience cost me a $9 renewal fee and some additional attention from the authorities.

Some background information: The state of Michigan started this system to enable cops and store owners to discern if a person was under the age of 21 without having to do the math. The regular license's details are read horizontally, like a regular credit card, while the Under 21 license's details were printed vertically. The legal drinking age in the USA is 21.

Man, when I went to apply for the new license, I didnt think that I had to have my picture taken. So I wore a hat. Now my license has a picture of me with hat-hair. Warggh....

I'm still waiting for my personalized license plate to arrive. Boy, oh boy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004