The Story of My Life....
I felt weird that such a big event like Praise Night passed by and I didn’t mention anything about it. So I will.
Praise Night was a rip-roaring success. The Mendellsohn Theater was absolutely packed with people. And just when I thought last year’s MC-ing was waaay up there, the MC’s this year topped them without breaking a sweat. Sheer genius.
I was also glad that a Roger, Lynn and a whole bunch of the Malaysian freshmen turned up to show their support. It was indeed encouraging to see them having a ball of a time. Mel, Poh Yi and Kai Kiat were all three very convincing in their roles as performers. And I was just happy to play my role as a French waiter in a dinner scene. I served the lobster.
Right after Praise Night, I had to rush home to prepare for my testimony that I was going to present the next morning in Church. It was membership Sunday, and it was customary to have someone give their testimony before member recognition. I was approached to give my testimony after my cell group leader suggested my name to the pastor.
Sunday morning came around and I was nervous out of my mind. I didn’t really have the time to practice, although I did manage to shorten my testimony a little. The time of sharing came around and yeah, there were a few awkward moments of silence as I tried to regain my composure. Well, did forget some parts, but I was really glad when some of the church members came up to me to thank and encourage me.
Well, it’s a good experience for me. At least now more members of the church know that I actually exist. Haha. But most importantly, I hope I spoke to those who were still looking for a church to go to, or weren’t really plugged into a cell group yet.
I didnt really get to say this amidst all the panicking during my preparations. But thanks, God, for that opportunity.
Praise Night was a rip-roaring success. The Mendellsohn Theater was absolutely packed with people. And just when I thought last year’s MC-ing was waaay up there, the MC’s this year topped them without breaking a sweat. Sheer genius.
I was also glad that a Roger, Lynn and a whole bunch of the Malaysian freshmen turned up to show their support. It was indeed encouraging to see them having a ball of a time. Mel, Poh Yi and Kai Kiat were all three very convincing in their roles as performers. And I was just happy to play my role as a French waiter in a dinner scene. I served the lobster.
Right after Praise Night, I had to rush home to prepare for my testimony that I was going to present the next morning in Church. It was membership Sunday, and it was customary to have someone give their testimony before member recognition. I was approached to give my testimony after my cell group leader suggested my name to the pastor.
Sunday morning came around and I was nervous out of my mind. I didn’t really have the time to practice, although I did manage to shorten my testimony a little. The time of sharing came around and yeah, there were a few awkward moments of silence as I tried to regain my composure. Well, did forget some parts, but I was really glad when some of the church members came up to me to thank and encourage me.
Well, it’s a good experience for me. At least now more members of the church know that I actually exist. Haha. But most importantly, I hope I spoke to those who were still looking for a church to go to, or weren’t really plugged into a cell group yet.
I didnt really get to say this amidst all the panicking during my preparations. But thanks, God, for that opportunity.
1 Comments:
Best regards from NY! » »
Post a Comment
<< Home