Dude, Where's My Country?
What an awesome weekend. Had a few things going on. Last week was pretty smooth sailing. Didn’t have any midterms or too many assignments due. Sort of the lull before the storm. Yeah, the storm sort of kicks off next week with my Psych 260 final midterm.
Yesterday, Pastor Andrew organized a potluck for the International students. I thought it was a wonderful idea and was really glad that he organized it. I believe that this is a very important time when the church is beginning to recognize the International students more and is going to start having a lot more opportunities for us to get more involved.
I spent most of my Saturday afternoon with Kai Kiat, Poh Yi and Lili, preparing for the potluck. We made curry puffs, char kuey teow and my famous ayam kicap! Making the curry puffs was a really cool experience. Oh, and yeah, after that cooking session I really appreciate the old apek that sells char kuey teow and the mak cik who sells kari pap. Separating the kuey teow from each other and folding the curry puffs are no walks in the park I tell you.
I got to meet a lot of the international students which was great. There was a really good turnout. But the most interesting person I met was one of the church’s official photographers, Mark Pang. He’s a hardcore Canon user (grrr…). But a really friendly guy. Offered to show me the ropes and eventually get me into the Documentation team of the church. Yes, that’s the ministry I’m looking to get involved with.

Before....

..and after!!

My table at the International Potluck.
Yesterday, Pastor Andrew organized a potluck for the International students. I thought it was a wonderful idea and was really glad that he organized it. I believe that this is a very important time when the church is beginning to recognize the International students more and is going to start having a lot more opportunities for us to get more involved.
I spent most of my Saturday afternoon with Kai Kiat, Poh Yi and Lili, preparing for the potluck. We made curry puffs, char kuey teow and my famous ayam kicap! Making the curry puffs was a really cool experience. Oh, and yeah, after that cooking session I really appreciate the old apek that sells char kuey teow and the mak cik who sells kari pap. Separating the kuey teow from each other and folding the curry puffs are no walks in the park I tell you.
I got to meet a lot of the international students which was great. There was a really good turnout. But the most interesting person I met was one of the church’s official photographers, Mark Pang. He’s a hardcore Canon user (grrr…). But a really friendly guy. Offered to show me the ropes and eventually get me into the Documentation team of the church. Yes, that’s the ministry I’m looking to get involved with.
Before....
..and after!!
My table at the International Potluck.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home