Group Gripes
Don’t you just hate it when your group members agree to meet at a certain time even after knowing that you cant meet them until half and hour later? Holy inconsideration.
Not only was I late for the meeting, because I frankly couldn’t help it, they made decisions without my consent. They assigned certain tasks to each other and left the horrid, hard, stinky part to me! Darn them.
I also have issues with their decisions. A lot of them are just plain dumb. We’re making a magazine that has to do with the psychology behind motivation in the workplace, and these guys want to have crossword puzzles, and articles of very disjointed topics. I want to say something, but it sucks when it so happens that two out of four of your team members come from the same country. They think and act the same.
Somehow when your group can be split into subdivisions and one of the divisions makes up the majority, the more sizable group tends to have the upper hand in decision making. I’ve been vetoed a couple of times to the point of just merely existing in that project group. God give me strength.
Another issue I have is the mistake of making someone who doesn’t have a good command of the English language to write your team reports and proposals to be submitted to the GSI. Everyone’s too busy to proofread let alone type out the proposal, except these two team members.
At the proposal evaluation session with the GSI, she explicitly mentioned to us to check out the Sweetland Help for English Writing Center. What an insult! I thought she was being a big racist because ¾ of my group members were Asian. But then I looked at the typed out proposal after the session and it all made sense. Grammatical errors aplenty.
Two more weeks to liberation…...
Not only was I late for the meeting, because I frankly couldn’t help it, they made decisions without my consent. They assigned certain tasks to each other and left the horrid, hard, stinky part to me! Darn them.
I also have issues with their decisions. A lot of them are just plain dumb. We’re making a magazine that has to do with the psychology behind motivation in the workplace, and these guys want to have crossword puzzles, and articles of very disjointed topics. I want to say something, but it sucks when it so happens that two out of four of your team members come from the same country. They think and act the same.
Somehow when your group can be split into subdivisions and one of the divisions makes up the majority, the more sizable group tends to have the upper hand in decision making. I’ve been vetoed a couple of times to the point of just merely existing in that project group. God give me strength.
Another issue I have is the mistake of making someone who doesn’t have a good command of the English language to write your team reports and proposals to be submitted to the GSI. Everyone’s too busy to proofread let alone type out the proposal, except these two team members.
At the proposal evaluation session with the GSI, she explicitly mentioned to us to check out the Sweetland Help for English Writing Center. What an insult! I thought she was being a big racist because ¾ of my group members were Asian. But then I looked at the typed out proposal after the session and it all made sense. Grammatical errors aplenty.
Two more weeks to liberation…...
1 Comments:
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »
Post a Comment
<< Home