Thursday, April 14, 2005

House Arrest...

…well not really. I twisted my ankle while playing footie yesterday. That’s what you get for playing an aggressive game with strangers and not warming up beforehand.

Everything started off pretty well, until about 10 minutes into the game when I was pulling back the ball to pull away from my opponent, it happened. My foot landed awkwardly and I twisted it. I was out of order for about another 5 minutes and managed to walk it off. Then I played for another 2 hours or so.

Strange how when I was playing, it didn’t bother me that much. I could still run, albeit gingerly, and kick the ball. But after I stopped playing, the pain set in and I was limping all the way home. Must have been the adrenalin or something.

Now I’m stuck at home. All I can do is limp around my apartment. I thought it would be better after a good night’s rest. But it seems just as bad as it was yesterday. It’s a little swollen. I probably should get a leg brace. I left mine back home in Malaysia. Drats.

Fortunately for me I don’t have any classes today. So I can pretty much rot at home.

Side note:
If you have the time, check out singer-songwriter Damien Rice. This Irish native’s song, Blower’s Daughter is playing on my site now. I was introduced to his music by my cell group member. Good stuff.

Official Damien Rice website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004