Spring Bling!
Spring is here full swing. The grass is green again, flowers are popping here and there and the sun is beating down on humankind once again. I actually managed to see a family of deer behind the NCRB. There was a fawn there too, which couldn’t have been more than a couple of hours old. Still stumbling around like a kid who’s had too much to drink (ok, bad analogy).
This time of year reminds me a lot about new life. It’s the time where all the baby animals start appearing out of nowhere. Ducklings swarm the ponds, little raccoons trail their mothers and yes, a fawn here and there. I guess it’s a great way to end the academic year….with a reminder of how the new year has so much potential to be something great. Spring should be the new 1st of January, dontcha think?
I'm also curious if the same goes for humans. Does spring bring fourth a high birth rate for countries with four seasons? It is a fact that most weddings in America are held over the summer. So add about nine months to that, and whola...it all makes sense. But then statistics make my theory fall flat on its face.
The Jeans Update:
I went back to Sears, following Wann’s advice (thanks, Wann) and returned my jeans in exchange for another one that’s the right size. I also ended up getting two pairs of three-quarter khakis. Yes, it’s springtime and I have to look the part of the springtime warrior. Still gotta look for a good pair of sandals.
Low Note:
As I was coming back from Sears, I decided to stop by my favorite camera store to pick up a slim camera case for those walk-around sessions with my SLR. To my ultimate horror, I saw emptied shelves and boxes everywhere as I walked into the store. They were closing!
You know those nice little stores owned by this pleasant old guy, who gives you little discounts here and there just to appear nice? Well, that was Dave’s Photo Emporium to me. Looks like the Eclipse cleaning tissue, muslin background and Manfrotto monopod I purchased from him the past three years wasn’t enough to keep the store alive. Of course it wasn’t. *sniff.
This time of year reminds me a lot about new life. It’s the time where all the baby animals start appearing out of nowhere. Ducklings swarm the ponds, little raccoons trail their mothers and yes, a fawn here and there. I guess it’s a great way to end the academic year….with a reminder of how the new year has so much potential to be something great. Spring should be the new 1st of January, dontcha think?
I'm also curious if the same goes for humans. Does spring bring fourth a high birth rate for countries with four seasons? It is a fact that most weddings in America are held over the summer. So add about nine months to that, and whola...it all makes sense. But then statistics make my theory fall flat on its face.
The Jeans Update:
I went back to Sears, following Wann’s advice (thanks, Wann) and returned my jeans in exchange for another one that’s the right size. I also ended up getting two pairs of three-quarter khakis. Yes, it’s springtime and I have to look the part of the springtime warrior. Still gotta look for a good pair of sandals.
Low Note:
As I was coming back from Sears, I decided to stop by my favorite camera store to pick up a slim camera case for those walk-around sessions with my SLR. To my ultimate horror, I saw emptied shelves and boxes everywhere as I walked into the store. They were closing!
You know those nice little stores owned by this pleasant old guy, who gives you little discounts here and there just to appear nice? Well, that was Dave’s Photo Emporium to me. Looks like the Eclipse cleaning tissue, muslin background and Manfrotto monopod I purchased from him the past three years wasn’t enough to keep the store alive. Of course it wasn’t. *sniff.
1 Comments:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »
Post a Comment
<< Home