The Birth of www.PenangOnAPlate.com
Hmmm...
I was thinking the other day... Even though there are a couple of sites which feature Penang as a great place to eat, there isnt a one-stop site for a list of all the best places to eat in Penang.
Actually there are a few, but they're basically just like a badly written textbook. No pictures, no diagrams, etc. All you get is a brief description of where this place is (good luck to you tourists), and that it's "Sooo gooood!". But is that really enough?
So I've come up with this idea to have a site called www.PenangONAPlate.com which will feature a listing of the best places to eat in Penang. The site will be organized by catergory (eg. Foreign or Local, Spicy or Non-spicy, Indian or Chinese, etc.). On top of that, there will be pictures of what the eatery looks like, and even directions to get there (complete with map).
There, of course, will be a little writeup on each of the places. I wont be the only one reviewing because I can be a little biased at times, and also I dont claim to be a know-it-all when it comes to Penang food. So there will be guest reviewers too.
I'll probably have to rent server space so there will be a need for funding. Well, there will be a paypal link and hopefully we'll get donations (fingers crossed). If the site is successful enough, maybe we can get PDC (Penang Development Corp) or the Jawatankuasa Induk Pelancongan to sponsor us.
So is there anyone interested in joining the PenangOnAPlate team? Get in touch with me and we'll get something started. I will need writers (with a passion for food), photographers (no need to be a pro) and coders (HTML, SQL, XML, whuddever).
I do realize that thinking alound like this will have its consequences. So though there may be people leeching of ideas from me, well......if there's a new site that comes up stemming from this idea, I guess we'll just have to do better than them. A little competition never hurt anyone.
Some places to draw inspiration from:
http://penangfaces.chanlilian.net/
KenyNeo's Penang Restaurant Tips
http://www.malaysiasite.nl/hawkereng.htm
Doubt this will help, but anyway:
©Michael Ng 2005
I was thinking the other day... Even though there are a couple of sites which feature Penang as a great place to eat, there isnt a one-stop site for a list of all the best places to eat in Penang.
Actually there are a few, but they're basically just like a badly written textbook. No pictures, no diagrams, etc. All you get is a brief description of where this place is (good luck to you tourists), and that it's "Sooo gooood!". But is that really enough?
So I've come up with this idea to have a site called www.PenangONAPlate.com which will feature a listing of the best places to eat in Penang. The site will be organized by catergory (eg. Foreign or Local, Spicy or Non-spicy, Indian or Chinese, etc.). On top of that, there will be pictures of what the eatery looks like, and even directions to get there (complete with map).
There, of course, will be a little writeup on each of the places. I wont be the only one reviewing because I can be a little biased at times, and also I dont claim to be a know-it-all when it comes to Penang food. So there will be guest reviewers too.
I'll probably have to rent server space so there will be a need for funding. Well, there will be a paypal link and hopefully we'll get donations (fingers crossed). If the site is successful enough, maybe we can get PDC (Penang Development Corp) or the Jawatankuasa Induk Pelancongan to sponsor us.
So is there anyone interested in joining the PenangOnAPlate team? Get in touch with me and we'll get something started. I will need writers (with a passion for food), photographers (no need to be a pro) and coders (HTML, SQL, XML, whuddever).
I do realize that thinking alound like this will have its consequences. So though there may be people leeching of ideas from me, well......if there's a new site that comes up stemming from this idea, I guess we'll just have to do better than them. A little competition never hurt anyone.
Some places to draw inspiration from:
http://penangfaces.chanlilian.net/
KenyNeo's Penang Restaurant Tips
http://www.malaysiasite.nl/hawkereng.htm
Doubt this will help, but anyway:
©Michael Ng 2005
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home