Monday, July 18, 2005

The Return to the Sanctuary

*Ahem Ahem...

Gotta clear my throat cos I developed some kind of throat infection this morning. I dont think that it's got anything to do with me being stressed out because I did get enough sleep yesterday. 3 hours in the afternoon. :P

Anyway yesterday the same four guys returned to Kuala Gula to shoot more pictures of BIRDS (Bet Alvin is jumping for joy now). The trip this time round was a little bit of a letdown because we couldnt get the boat. So we ended up walking for abour 4kms through a laterite soil path along the mangrove swamp and then through an oil palm estate.

The walk turned out to be quite interesting as we found a lot of other animals besides birds. We were even fortunate enough to stumble upon an otter which was rolling around in the dirt. I didnt know that there were wild otters in Malaysia. *Scratch scratch.

So at the end of the day, I had more pictures of dragonflies, crabs and mudskippers than birds. I guess it's a welcome change as I'm sure you readers are quite tired of birds on my blog by now. :)


If you have an otter wink at you, you know you're alright!


Stoned dragonfly that gladly posed for me.


Fiddler crab with really cool coloration.


Photographers in the wild...


Outta my way!!

Thanks Kelvin and Tse Chien for the last two images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004