Saturday, July 09, 2005

Three Guys, A Girl and a Night Market...

Hmmmmm....

Tonight after Saturday night service, I went to meet up with my usual hang-out group for some late night shopping. Batu Ferringhi is probably the best night market in Penang at the moment. Always open at the same place at the same times.

As usual, the place was hot and humid. I still cant get used to the weather here even though I've been here for like almost 3 months already. But I managed to survive the ordeal. We made our way through the narrow sidewalk which was lined with shops, stopping occasionally to take a look at some illegal merchandise and MMmmmm... knockoff soccer jerseys :)

Yew San, Huan and Weng Khong got themselves CDs. I wasnt particularly interested in them because I only had RM50 with me at the time. Was saving up for a nice jersey which I did not manage to find in the end. Tiff got herself a henna tattoo done for RM5. That was pretty interesting.

We ended our outing with some supper at this place aptly named "jiao sai" or "bird shite". It's this place near the Police Sation next to Komtar that sells really great maggi mee goreng tomyam tambah telur mata kerbau (*phew!). It's called "jiao sai" because there are a lot of crows there that roost at trees nearby at night. Those birds are pretty frequent crappers and when you get a bunch of them together, you get periodic carpet bombings here and there.

Not to worry as the eatery is at a pretty safe distance from the nearest tree. Of course there's also the option of eating indoors. Hmmmm....

Oh and I also got to test out the new church camera. It's a Canon S2 IS and it's a really great performer. I was impressed. I love it and I think I'll get one for myself!



Yew San and Huan save the Malaysian economy....


Tiff gets a henna done, much to the amusement of the other blokes...


Sigh....photog is never seen, and when he is....he barely is :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004