Grounded...
We got the leaves approved, passports ready, deposit paid, but the country wasnt ready for us...
After I managed to renegotiate my contract to shorten my internship program, I decided that it would be a pretty good idea to have a family holiday just before I returned to the States. Unfortunately there were a couple of hitches that we faced and now we are kind of stuck with nowhere to go.
i) Initial plan was to go to Bali. But after visiting a few tour agencies, we discovered that all the packages were taken. No surprise since we were trying to get one for a holiday in 2 weeks time.
ii) Second choice was Chiang Mai, which wasnt a bad choice. The deposit was paid and everything was going as planned. Suddenly, the tour agent says that we cannot go as three adults. The party has to include at least one child. What kind of policy is that? So we decide to scrap the idea.
iii) She calls a day later telling us that it's actually okay. So we agree and even ask for an extension for us to spend some time in Bangkok. Everything looked fine except that they couldnt get the hotel in Bangkok for us.
iv) Two days later, this happens....


Images by Chiang Mai News
A trip to Bangkok may be an option...but what the heck, man?
After I managed to renegotiate my contract to shorten my internship program, I decided that it would be a pretty good idea to have a family holiday just before I returned to the States. Unfortunately there were a couple of hitches that we faced and now we are kind of stuck with nowhere to go.
i) Initial plan was to go to Bali. But after visiting a few tour agencies, we discovered that all the packages were taken. No surprise since we were trying to get one for a holiday in 2 weeks time.
ii) Second choice was Chiang Mai, which wasnt a bad choice. The deposit was paid and everything was going as planned. Suddenly, the tour agent says that we cannot go as three adults. The party has to include at least one child. What kind of policy is that? So we decide to scrap the idea.
iii) She calls a day later telling us that it's actually okay. So we agree and even ask for an extension for us to spend some time in Bangkok. Everything looked fine except that they couldnt get the hotel in Bangkok for us.
iv) Two days later, this happens....
Images by Chiang Mai News
A trip to Bangkok may be an option...but what the heck, man?
5 Comments:
Perhaps u should go somewhere nearer.... KL? :P
Oh, about my Waja story, just check it with Leslie, ok?
What about... the island paradise called Penang??? :)
Gah...I thought Alvin's suggestion was lame, but you take the cigar, Danny. Hahaha.
I've been stuck on this island for the past 3 months. I need to get out somewhere.
Talks of a Bangkok vacation are underway. You just went there didnt you, Al? Do recommend some places for me to hit. Clean places please... ;)
I'm going only in Sept, but a few things I'd probably do are:
1) watch a muay thay match
2) visit Kanchanaburi province(loads of things to do there, just surf the net for info)
3) visit Fitness First where they teach in Thai
4) look for stuff at bargained price
5) visit the royal palace
6) maybe watch an English movie in thai
ask Leslie bout your Waja?? do i know the whole story? :/
Post a Comment
<< Home