Friday, August 19, 2005

Stepping Stones...

Wow.... it's wonderful to see something that you've worked on, even though it's a really small part of something big, come full circle in the end.

The Penang contingent went to the IDBF convention in Berlin with the hopes of becoming the host for the 2008 Club Crew World Championships. I was part of the team which came up with some of the media to be used as promotional material. My experience shooting the dragon boat event two months ago was documented here.

Guess what, Penang won the bid and will indeed be hosting this international event. Woohoo. I was told that the Penang contingent was the best prepared, with a video presentation, little gifts and brochures. Little wonder why we won.

I'm just glad that I got to be part of it. A real small role, which allowed me to experience what a career in the media business would feel like. Also another accomplishment for this summer holiday.


My pic used for the cover (the rowers)


Hey look, that's me!

I would like to thank my brother for hooking me up with his company. I'd probably be shooting wild birds (dont laugh, Al) the whole summer if it werent for this gig.

It's just comforting to know that my photography might actually be taking me places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visitors since 20/10/2004