Last Night in Paradise
The day has arrived. The dreaded last 24 hours has come. At this time tomorrow I will be a couple of thousand feet in the air heading towards the next 8 months of my life.
The dentist gave me a pretty nasty farewell gift today. I actually visited the dentist yesterday when she imparted the grave news. I had a cavity in between my last and second last molar. I had to get a filling job done. My very first after 22 years.
My mom had always praised me for regularly brushing and flossing my teeth. She also lauded me for being the only one in my family who hasnt got a filling yet. I guess it was only a matter of time before someone threw a rock into the glass window.
It was a real bitter pill to swallow. It was a kink in my armor. I really shouldnt have neglected my molars while flossing. But it's so darn hard to get the floss in between those last two! As a result, I had to pay the price.
She didnt have time to put the filling in yesterday so she made me come back again today. It didnt take very long. Wasnt painful either. What a relief. It was all done in a matter of about 20-30 minutes.
It was a huge relief for me when I found out that she was going to be using some kind of ceramic compound instead of the almagamated metal filling. I absolutely dreaded having to blind someone say if I were laughing out loud in bright sunlight. So now it looks like my teeth are perfectly fine. No ugly silver spots peppered between my grill. *kaching kachingggg!!*
Out of consideration for you readers, I'll just end this entry here. I'll mope around more tomorrow...... sighs...so fast.
The dentist gave me a pretty nasty farewell gift today. I actually visited the dentist yesterday when she imparted the grave news. I had a cavity in between my last and second last molar. I had to get a filling job done. My very first after 22 years.
My mom had always praised me for regularly brushing and flossing my teeth. She also lauded me for being the only one in my family who hasnt got a filling yet. I guess it was only a matter of time before someone threw a rock into the glass window.
It was a real bitter pill to swallow. It was a kink in my armor. I really shouldnt have neglected my molars while flossing. But it's so darn hard to get the floss in between those last two! As a result, I had to pay the price.
She didnt have time to put the filling in yesterday so she made me come back again today. It didnt take very long. Wasnt painful either. What a relief. It was all done in a matter of about 20-30 minutes.
It was a huge relief for me when I found out that she was going to be using some kind of ceramic compound instead of the almagamated metal filling. I absolutely dreaded having to blind someone say if I were laughing out loud in bright sunlight. So now it looks like my teeth are perfectly fine. No ugly silver spots peppered between my grill. *kaching kachingggg!!*
Out of consideration for you readers, I'll just end this entry here. I'll mope around more tomorrow...... sighs...so fast.
4 Comments:
Mike! You're leaving already?! So soon... And since you mentioned the dentist, I remember when I discovered that I had a cavity. For you it was a bitter pill to swallow. Just imagine how I felt, me, a dentist's daughter..or rather, how my dad felt :p Anyway, I suppose these are things which are unavoidable in life..farewells and cavities..
Yes, most good things must come to an end. Too bad we couldnt hang out more (out of respect for your bf ;)). But we'll keep in touch through our blogs, yea?
I really like your last line. Farewells and cavities...haha.
Enjoyed a lot! »
Enjoyed a lot! Online marketing kirkwood delaware Small business private label credit cards Schools and culinary institutes message boards online pharmacies Modafinil generica Bmw power cup internet poker Los angeles moving companies http www.123movers.com cholesterol maladies Cobra+9700+radar+detector Hotels los angeles budget Block anonymous phone calls Cable contractor phone telecommunication television erectile dysfunction 10 650 buying percocet prescription safely abe lurie moving company car rental
Post a Comment
<< Home