Chicken Soup
I felt rather nauseous today after one of my long lectures. So I decided to skip the other 2 hour one that followed. I went home and made myself a nice bowl of chicken soup.
I haven’t had some nice chicken based Chinese herbal soup since I arrived here. I used to make pots of it pretty often, when I was more extravagant with my cooking. Now cooking has slipped down into the status of a chore rather than an opportunity to excite my taste buds. Sad isn’t it?
I remember when I was back for the summer I felt sick a couple of times. Round after round of food poisoning. One particular day, I decided to come back early from work and made myself some chicken soup.
“Why make chicken soup when you’re sick?” asked my mother.
“Doesn’t chicken soup boost the immune system? I thought it was a common remedy for someone under the weather.” I replied.
Then I realized that I was kind of influenced by the cartoons I watched when I was little. When some kid was sick, the superhero would make him/her some hot chicken soup and everything would be just fine.
Scoff all you want. But I think it’s part of American Culture too. How did you think they came up with the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series? It must be true right?
Anyway, I do feel better. Therefore I know it works. Tastes a whole lot better than any cough medicine I know of too.
I haven’t had some nice chicken based Chinese herbal soup since I arrived here. I used to make pots of it pretty often, when I was more extravagant with my cooking. Now cooking has slipped down into the status of a chore rather than an opportunity to excite my taste buds. Sad isn’t it?
I remember when I was back for the summer I felt sick a couple of times. Round after round of food poisoning. One particular day, I decided to come back early from work and made myself some chicken soup.
“Why make chicken soup when you’re sick?” asked my mother.
“Doesn’t chicken soup boost the immune system? I thought it was a common remedy for someone under the weather.” I replied.
Then I realized that I was kind of influenced by the cartoons I watched when I was little. When some kid was sick, the superhero would make him/her some hot chicken soup and everything would be just fine.
Scoff all you want. But I think it’s part of American Culture too. How did you think they came up with the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series? It must be true right?
Anyway, I do feel better. Therefore I know it works. Tastes a whole lot better than any cough medicine I know of too.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home