Trading Stories
Trading with the internet as my marketplace does expose me to a lot of different characters. Most of the people I deal with are from North America and that demographic alone yields a handful of difficult customers. Imagine if it was on the international scale. There’s no telling how many stories I’d have for my grandkids one day.
There’s a lot of trust involved with online purchasing. Something that I realize a lot of Asians have yet to come to terms with. That’s exactly the reason why online trading hasn’t caught up in Asian regions. What a shame, because if you haven’t really caught on, then you’re kind of missing out. There’s nothing like placing an order for something through your computer and being greeted by the UPS guy with your stuff the next morning.
Anyhow, a recent incident has sort of inspired me to write about online sales. It was a deal I was working out with an individual who sounded pretty certain about making the purchase. I had his word that he was going to send the funds in three days. Well, three days rolled by and nothing came. Eventually after an electronic reminder from me, he responded saying that he was waiting for a sale to happen so that he would have the funds to pay me. He implied that as long as that sale did not materialize, I would have to wait on my end, warding off other potential buyers.
I personally felt that it was downright inconsiderate of him. How could you make me wait for a deal that has absolutely nothing to do with me to happen? And while I’m waiting turn down potential customers? What if your deal doesn’t ever happen? I have lost both you as a buyer and the other interested parties.
It didn’t help that I ran a little background check on him to see what kind of a person I was dealing with. Turns out that he did have some negative feedback, one in particular stating that he was a “fickle buyer”.
I sent him an email stating how disappointed I was with the situation and he took offence to it. Anyway, in the end we cleared the air between us and now there are no firm commitments. I seriously doubt he’ll be emailing me back.
There’s a lot of trust involved with online purchasing. Something that I realize a lot of Asians have yet to come to terms with. That’s exactly the reason why online trading hasn’t caught up in Asian regions. What a shame, because if you haven’t really caught on, then you’re kind of missing out. There’s nothing like placing an order for something through your computer and being greeted by the UPS guy with your stuff the next morning.
Anyhow, a recent incident has sort of inspired me to write about online sales. It was a deal I was working out with an individual who sounded pretty certain about making the purchase. I had his word that he was going to send the funds in three days. Well, three days rolled by and nothing came. Eventually after an electronic reminder from me, he responded saying that he was waiting for a sale to happen so that he would have the funds to pay me. He implied that as long as that sale did not materialize, I would have to wait on my end, warding off other potential buyers.
I personally felt that it was downright inconsiderate of him. How could you make me wait for a deal that has absolutely nothing to do with me to happen? And while I’m waiting turn down potential customers? What if your deal doesn’t ever happen? I have lost both you as a buyer and the other interested parties.
It didn’t help that I ran a little background check on him to see what kind of a person I was dealing with. Turns out that he did have some negative feedback, one in particular stating that he was a “fickle buyer”.
I sent him an email stating how disappointed I was with the situation and he took offence to it. Anyway, in the end we cleared the air between us and now there are no firm commitments. I seriously doubt he’ll be emailing me back.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home